Code RGV, Inc. this week announced the next series of free events to educate and engage the Rio Grande Valley in the tech industry. The series will cover the first quarter of 2018 for the Code Academy
Code Academy presents a chance to focus on one subject at a time to build better knowledge and understanding of a particular concept. Each session will feature a guest speaker who is well-versed in the topic, have hands-on activities, and then break up into groups to socialize and work on projects together.
The Code Academy meets every first and third Thursday of the month. Meetings are held at The Old Church Winery at 700 N Main Street, McAllen, and begin at 7:00 pm.
The topics include:
• Bitcoin, Part 2, on January 18
• Using Cryptocurrency to Invest in Cryptocurrency and Lending for Ether Bitcoin and ICOs, on February 1
• Applications Used in Analytics, on February 15
• Cryptocurrency from a Financial Professionals perspective, on March 1
• How can the startup scene in the RGV avoid many of the social pitfalls experienced by other startup communities around the country, on March 15
Code RGV is a nonprofit that creates tech entrepreneurs and skilled professionals for local jobs by educating, promoting, and certifying professionals. They strive to promote community participation and collaboration to invigorate creativity, innovation, and the local economy.
Our region’s graduates, startups, and businesses need to be valued and compensated accordingly. At Code RGV, “we continue to work with businesses and municipalities so that their beliefs are aligned with ours: we have high caliber professional individuals and businesses.”
For more information, contact Code RGV at: (956) 410-CODE or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.